Wow-ed by Moo Cards

I really was wow-ed by a customer service experience I had recently, and posting about it is one way I'd like to say THANK YOU to a super company.

Last fall or winter sometime I ran out of business cards. For a month or more I was shipping out orders with no promotional or brand-identifying material other than the little logo on my mailing labels. Pretty lame, especially considering the holidays represent 40% of my business, but I was incredibly busy and didn't have a lot of money to spare at the time. Fast forward to February, I finally got around to ordering again from my friends at Moo Cards (visit them at Moo.com).

One thing I love about Moo Cards is that you can upload up to 50 original images to use on your cards, so you get a wide variety of examples of your work to share, which is perfect for me because I have tons of different families I'm eager to show off and, let's face it, I get bored easily and this adds a little novelty to my packaging process--choosing which card to include.  It took me half a day, but I re-did all my card designs, added a ton more, and sent the order in.

First off, they came back way ahead of the expected delivery date. Wow. When I pulled them out of the box, however, the contrast on them was...not great. Some of the cards you almost have to squint to see clearly, like one of those Magic Eye books that start to give you a headache after a while. To be fair to Moo, I no longer had any of my old cards around to compare to, so even though I had used the same colors as my previous order, I was going off my memory as to how awesome they looked. Were they really so perfect? Not sure. Also, I had tweaked a lot of my designs, making them smaller and the outlines slightly thinner (I thought it would help them look sharper--a trick I use a lot on the web). When they came back, I was a little disappointed. They little, hard to see--not what I remembered my first pack looking like.

I fired off an email to Moo. Not only did I get a response from a professional, knowledgeable individual (they sounded like someone with actual responsibility, but I don't know how big Moo is so I don't want to make any assumptions), they took the time to share about their printing process and nerdy things about color selection that was just right for my level of expertise (I know more than the average person, less than the college-trained Graphic Designer). Oh, and they offered to have me upload new images and they would REPRINT MY ENTIRE ORDER. Wow. It was not a little order, either.

After reviewing the information they gave me, I was pretty sure the error was on my side, so I thanked the representative and told them that wasn't necessary, that I would use up what I had and improve my images next time I ordered. They still offered me a coupon to use next time I returned, which I really appreciated.

Comments

Popular Posts